JOIN THE BASE TEAM 2022
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT A SUPER SHORT FUN QUESTIONNAIRE SO WE CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT YOU AND GET BACK TO YOU ABOUT JOINING THE 2022 BASE FAMILY
Would you like to be part of something that is bigger than just yourself?
Would you like to socialize with and ask questions of a group and feel welcome in all respects? Never judged?
Would you like to be part of a growing family of athletes who are never the fastest, but enjoy life to the fullest while simultaneously holding down full time jobs and raising families?
If you like to ride your bike up a hill, then run on top of the hill, then eat a taco on top of the hill, then ride your bike back down the hill, this family is for you. (True story - come to camp!)
BASE has different options for everyone. You will still be part of the main team, you will just also be part of the individual teams below.
- Triathlon Team
- Canada Team
- Run Team
- Gravel Team
- Adaptive Team
- Ambassador team - this team is set up for those of you who are on another team but would like to see what BASE is all about
If you want to watch a short 15 minute ridiculously inspiring video, click below as our owner Matt leads his 78 year old Blind Friend through a Half Ironman.
It's no secret that 2020 was a difficult year, and 2021 didn't turn out to be much better. With supply chain issues all over the place and delays delays delays, it was tough to stay positive and keep our heads up. But the BASE team kept everyone positive and their spirits high. For all of us. Our team was able to keep each other motivated, positive, and share the love. In these trying times of the year, we continued with our Team Mantra, "What's Your B?" What this means is each day you can wake up and B anything. B positive. B a jerk. B Kind. B inspirational. It's your choice.
WHAT'S YOUR B?
HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO ATTEND AN ADULT CAMP IN FLORIDA IN FEBRUARY AND TRAIN WITH LIKE MINDED FRIENDS?
BASE hosts 2 BASE Camps each year. The first is in Clermont, Florida at the end of February, and the second is in Boulder, CO (HOME BASE Headquarters) over Memorial Day weekend. You will make some of the best friends at these camps. Cost is only $199 to attend which includes all dinners. Amazing price.
Please note. Camp attendance is not required at all. They are just a fun add on.
Over the past couple years we had some fun virtual events such as the BASE Duathlon.
How did the Gravel team idea come about?
A few team members went on an incredible Gravel journey over 2 mountain passes back in June of 2020 and the gravel craze was born.
What Makes The BASE Team Such A Big Family?
To start off, BASE is owned by two amazing people, husband and wife Matt Miller (the salt cowboy) and Lauralee Miller. They have 2 amazing kids Finn (2.5 years old) and Scout (13 months). We as a team were there when these two met at St George 70.3 in 2016. Many of us attended their wedding. Many of us actually visited them in the hospital the day Finn was born. Scout was born during COVID, so no visitors. Finn has attended 4 BASE Camps and over 20 Triathlons. Matt, Lauralee and Finn announced they were pregnant with Scout at BASE Camp Florida 2020. Over the past 9 years many, many team members have met through the BASE team and gone on to get married. While others have had children, and everyone on the BASE team is very welcoming and encouraging during that time. It all starts at the top with our leadership.
What awesome kits does BASE Make?
A Long History
The first team we had was 17 years ago in 2003. We had a nutrition company in Los Angeles called NRG Nutrition and a non profit for blind athletes called The C Different Foundation. We had custom kits from LG, wetsuits from XTERRA, helmets and sunglasses from Rudy Project, and support from partners such as the LA Tri Club, Phase 4, Robert Forster Physical Therapy, and Powerbar. From 2003 through 2013 we would have about 40-50 people on the team each year. We would lead blind athletes through races, travel together to events such as IM Lake Placid, and have an amazing time.
In 2014 we launched the BASE Performance Ambassador team, which took on a life of its own. Now today we have over 1100 team members competing all over the world in multiple sports at varying levels, yet it still feels like a family vibe and we are small like a 20 person group.
We bring this up to share with you that we know what we are doing. We know how to keep every team member together. To keep team members engaged. To help team members feel welcome. We are an every body team, not an elite team.
So here are the details and the FAQ's:
- The team is technically free to join, but you are required to purchase the BASE box, which this year is $199 unless you are on the run team, which is $159. Within this BASE Box you will receive (Triathlon Kit, T Shirt, Hat, BambuWerx BASE Headband, and a Nutrition Sampler pack which consists of 5 single serve hydros, 5 bars and 2 gels) - a $650 value for $199
- In the past, we have stated you were not able to be on multiple teams. Well, 2020 and 2021 threw a curveball at all of us, so for this year, you are more than welcome to be on other teams and help support those companies as well. We are all down in revenue, so if you being on 2 teams in the same year can help out both companies during this difficult time, we are 100% for it.
- After you fill out the application, Matt will read every application and get back to you with instructions on how to place your order for the Team Box. These items are NOT in stock, so they will ship out to you in February at one time
- Everyone asks, so who does BASE "partner" with in the industry. Over the years we have developed fantastic partnerships with some well known brands. From Quintana Roo for Tri Bikes, Road Bikes, Gravel Bikes, Mountain Bikes and Wetsuits, to Hyperice / Normatec for Recovery Products, Garmin for watches and GPS devices, TACX for trainers, IRWIN wheels for wheels, Red Crown for wheels, SIDAS for Shoe inserts, heated socks, ski equipment, Zealios for skin care, KASK for Helmets and Sunglasses, Ceramic Speed for SPEED and Pro Compression for Compression socks. We have amazing partnerships with great companies that everyone on the BASE Team get's to work with, no matter what level you are at.
- BASE will have multiple teams you can be part of for 2022: Triathlon Team, Gravel Cycling Team, Run Team, Adaptive Team, Canada Team and Ambassador Team
Last but not least, if you are an amazing human, we want you to join. We don't do drama. We have zero political posts on our team Facebook pages. We are kind. We are loving. And we have respect for each other. We have zero drama within our teams.
If you are looking for a team which has the best Sports Nutrition on the market, we are your team. If you are looking for a team that produces the best, most comfortable, stylish and affordable workout gear, we are your team.
We hope to see you in 2022. Get excited.
TEAM MEMBER PERKS
- BASE Team Members will receive 40% off of all clothing, as well as at least 25% off of nutrition purchases, which increases by 5% each year that you are on the team.
- BASE Team Members will have access to partner pricing with our Sponsors such as Quintana Roo, Hyperice / Normatec, Garmin, and many others.
- Access to team gatherings coast to coast.
- BASE Team ZWIFT Rides
- Have an amazing time fitting in with other like minded individuals.
- Ability to attend at least 2 camps throughout the 2022 season.
- And..... the best part - Access to the BASE Team Private Facebook page - greatest on the planet. It will be your favorite corner of the internet.